Monday, April 23, 2012

Waiting.

Nine days ago, our adoption profile became available for viewing. This means that if a girl came in looking for a home for her child, she could pick ours.  It's been nine days.  Nine whole days.  Nine long days.  Nine days that seem like a lifetime.  I dont' wait well & I don't want to.  I want it now.  I want the ministry to call me today and say "You have been picked and your baby is due!" 

But, okay, before you tell me to step back from the cup of joe & take a chill pill, I do realize that I am being incredibly impatient and maybe even a bit difficult!  I promise that I realize this & I promise every day I remind myself that God's plans are greater than mine and if we are supposed to wait nine :::gringe:: years, then so be it.  But boooy, oh boy.  Waiting is hard.  Matthew is being so loving and gently reminding me that nine days is a blink of an eye, especially in adoption timing and that we should just be praying and preparing and not worry because our Lord is in control.

So, here I am...letting go of the reigns (yet again), and knowing that one day, someday, sooner or later, we will be bringing our first precious baby home.  Until than, I will practice my patience and if need be (like today) vent.  Today is my 9-day vent.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment