This Saturday night at church our (amazing) pastor was teaching Luke 8 about the parable of the sower and the seed:
|
Luk 8:5 |
"A sower went out to sow his seed. And as he
sowed, some fell by the wayside; and it was trampled down, and the birds of the
air devoured it. |
|
Luk 8:6 |
Some fell on rock; and as soon as it sprang
up, it withered away because it lacked moisture. |
|
Luk 8:7 |
And some fell among thorns, and the thorns
sprang up with it and choked it. |
|
Luk 8:8 |
But others fell on good ground, sprang up,
and yielded a crop a hundredfold." When He had said these things He cried, "He
who has ears to hear, let him hear!"
|
So, this got me reflecting on where am I in this? Am I yielding a crop a hundredfold or am I being choked by the cares of the world? I spent a lot of time with God on this one and I am happy with what He has shown me. I live for Him & mainly just need to remember that the message is simple: Jesus Christ crucified.
And, with all this "seed and sow" talk...I must admit, I took this to a whole other level when I did a lot of reflecting while working in my little garden. It was a tangible way to see what happens when we do not fall on good ground...What can I say? I"m a visual learner! Here is a little corner of the patio all fixed up and growing!
No comments:
Post a Comment