I have a mumbo-jumbo
of thoughts & I need to get them off of my mind. Unfortunately for
you, that means you have to read about it!
So first off, one
thing I have truly learned is that good friends are priceless. There are times
of joy and times of sorrow and good friends will be with you through both. They
will also be with you through those times with coffee and carbs. I think about
the people that God has placed in my life and feel blessed. Totally blessed!!!
Go
through your phone book, call people and ask them to drive you to the airport.
The ones who will drive you are your true friends. The rest aren't bad people;
they're just acquaintances. -Jay Leno
Next thing I have realized is that I am a control-freak to the max.
Matthew and I are almost done with the paper-chasing part of the adoption. I
have a few paper cuts to show for all of my work but that's it! Well, I have
that, and a new found (deeper) love and respect for coffee. (Thank you coffee
for keeping me up late at night to finish our paperwork). But, since we are
almost done with the paperwork, there is not much left to do, but wait and wait
and wait to finally get a call that says we have been matched with a
birthmother who would like to consider us for adoption. It's not like when a
woman is pregnant and she can take pre-natal vitamins & stay off the
coffee...but me? There is nothing I can do but wait and I don't do that well
because I must be in control! So, what do I do? I prepare & organize &
prepare again. I can't tell you how many times during the waiting period that I
will clean out our closets, purchase a few "necessities" such as baby
creams and wipes and then reorganize some more! I think I need ANOTHER dose of
patience.
Finally, I keep thinking about my older sister, Allison. She's sort of a pain in the behind, but my parents say that I have to love her. Ha! But really, she is a lot of wonderful things but she is also a know it all! I loooove saying that about her because the truth is, I actually think she might, in fact, know it all. I just wanted to tell you, sister (when we were just little ones, she told me to never call her Allison & to only call her sister. If I called her Allison, she promised she would not respond & to this day she has not broken this promise!), so, like I was saying, Sister, I just wanted to tell you I am SO proud of you for being accepted into USC for your Master's Degree. You are going to be the world's best teacher, proof being the countless lives you have already touched on your journey thus far. Your determination and perseverance amaze me! I am so stinkin' proud of you, smarty pants!
Okay, well, that's all she wrote, folks. Thanks for listening (or, should I say, reading?) & thanks for waiting with us for Baby O'Brien! Every day that passes is a day closer to our precious babe!!! | <><><><><><><><>
>||||
|
| <><><><><><><><>
>
|
| <><><><><><><><>
<>>
|
| <><><><><><><><>
<>>


No comments:
Post a Comment