Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Happy Birthday, Little Man!


Our tiny newborn has grown up...it happened so fast and I'd like to think  I enjoyed almost every single  moment of this past year. So, in keeping with tradition: his final photo of this set: 


The morning of his birfday we sang him happy birthday, did a bit of decorating and let him eat that entire donut hole. He was in birthday boy heaven!


We continued to celebrate the following day by visiting the Santa Ana Zoo...which is a part of my summer bucket list!  We went after 2 PM so the entry was discounted and the park was much less crowded. John loved the monkeys and oddly enough he loved the bald eagle which looked like he wanted to eat my son for lunch...


The next day was his birthday party at the park and it was such fun!  I learned a lot about parties and what is worth stressing over and what isn't. Basically, I won't try as hard next year. What matters is good food, good friends, lots of family. That is my recipe for an awesome party!  



I'd like you to notice the crazy on my face as I'm holding the coolest birthday present ever...a box of 180 diapers. It was a little bit like Christmas for me. Sad but true. 

We rested on Sunday & then on Monday afternoon we went to Disneyland!  John loved the Pixar play parade and his Mickey balloon. He LOVED riding the train and Small World and he loved watching all the people. It was so much fun taking him now that he's a bit older. 

Also, during it's a Small World we travelled all over the world but my fave part was sailing through Africa. The dolls wearing traditional Ugandan outfits made me miss that crazy place a bit..


Basically, this past week has been exhausting but so much fun!  I think tomorrow we'll sit down and write some thank you cards and maybe finish up some laundry...

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday John John!!!! Wht a fun birthday week!

    ReplyDelete