I don't know about yours, but my family has this uncanny ability to drive me crazy. Like completely crazy. But they also have this way of keeping me grounded and sane. I don't get how that works, but it does. I love my family so much. So, when Matt told me it had been a long time since he had seen or spoken to his family I was shocked! I mean, who drives him crazy? Just me? Why do I have to do all the hard work myself???
Anyway, since we're married and my family is now his family I decided to make his family my family, too. So I friend requested as many O'Briens on Facebook as I could and started sending letters and photos to Grams & Grandpa. It's been fun getting to know all these people that instantly loved me and my little family!
Then we found out that Grams had a total left hip replacement and that family would be in Arizona to help with Grandpa and all other details. I took this opportunity to take a road trip with John John and my sister in law to take the six hour drive to Phoenix and introduce John John to Great Grams and Great Grandpa. He also got to meet his cousin Rebecca and sweet two month old cousin, Pearl as well as Great Aunt Cynthia. The trip was wonderful.
We hit the road at 4:30 AM on Wednesday morning, arrived at noon...spent the day with Matt's amazing family, got back on the road at 9 PM that night and made it home at 3 AM. My bum still hurts from the trek but it was worth it...and we can't wait to go back out and visit again soon. Anyway, enough babbling...here are some snapshots of an amazing day.
 |
| Somewhere right past the sign that said "State Prison Ahead. Do not pick up hitchhikers" Best sign ever. |
 |
| John John and Aunt Sarah taking a break from driving. John obviously did most of the driving himself. |
 |
| Stretching his legs at the McDonald's play area. |
 |
| Meeting Great Grams for the first time. They loved each other. |
 |
Attacking Playing with cousin Pearl |
 |
| Being swung around like a monkey by cousin Rebecca |
 |
| Swimming time! |
 |
| Baby Swap! |
| | |
| After putting these photos in chronological order for you...I realize why God did not give us twins. | |
| Anyway, God is good & Great Grams had a successful surgery & is going into rehab for physical therapy. I'm hoping we get to visit again very soon and John John can get to know even more family who loves him so much!!! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment