Wednesday, June 13, 2012

In My Only Little World

There is a song on Christian radio that has a line in it that says:

"In my own little world there is population me"

Uh, can we say truth?  I am always worried about me, about my husband, about my future child...Me, Me, ME.  But, the truth is this life is not about ME at all.  In fact, it's all about YOU!...well, actually, it's all about JESUS, but through that if I profess to LOVE the LORD then I need to make it all about YOU.  How can I serve you?  How can I pray for you?  How can I love you like Jesus loves me?  My purpose in this world is to serve others and point them to our Savior.

So today, and gosh, I hope everyday, I will find ways to serve others.  I hope that this isn't just a moment of selflessness, but I pray that this is me turning my own little world into population: you.

The whole point of this, is that the blogging community is so amazing.  Especially the adoption blogging community.  I cannot tell you how many beautiful women I have met just by blogging.  Gotta check out my "Blogs I Love" page and see a few of those women & their blogs.  The very top one "Love Makes A Family" has an AMAZING story.  In includes a sweet boy from Ethiopia named Mareto and will now include a precious and beautiful little girl who is still in Ethiopia waiting for this family to come take her from the orphanage and bring her home to love.  This was not a referral they were waiting for, in fact if you read about her story, they thought they had plenty more time to raise the money...but guess what?  God, as always, came for a surprise visit!  Their referral is here & they need $15,000!  Yes, they need $15,000, like yesterday!  How can you help?  There are lots of ways.  Including entering their giveaway.  It's awesome!  Lauren always has the best gift baskets.  I enter in EVERY time...and one of these times, I am soooo gonna win!  But, would you consider entering?  Donating?  PRAYING?

I truly & sincerly love reading about this family & pray for them daily.  I cannot wait to see their adoption story with baby #2 unfold.  God is in this, so it's bound to be amazing.  Please check out Lauren's blog.  Follow, comment, pray, donate, enter in to win.  Let them be blessed by your heart!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you SO SO SO much!!! You are such a blessing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh i LOVE songs from Christian radio...there are so many good ones. and i know and love that one!!

    ReplyDelete