Thursday, June 28, 2012

Ever So Thankful!


Is it just me or is this week beautiful?  So sunny & an awesome reflection of what is going on in our lives right now.  This is what I am thankful for:

1.Philippians 1:6-  "Being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ"  Good news, yes?  =)  I heard this on the radio this morning & even though I have heard it many times before, for some reason it just made me stop and go "Whoa now!"  What a great promise to rest upon for the day!

2. Monday of this week, I asked all my bloggy-friends for prayer.  Since Matthew & I have switched adoption agencies we have been in a crazy-rush to turn in all the proper paperwork so I asked that you please pray that this process that would take at least TWO WEEKS would take a lot less time so we can bring our baby home!   I am SO grateful that our prayers were answered!  Two weeks?  How about less than 24 hours and all is complete!!!  We are now waiting for our profile to go live on their websites and for our match.  God is so good & He heard our prayers and gave Matthew & I the desire of our heart.  Thank you, Jesus!

3. I also mentioned that my fluff-n-stuff dog, Mo, went to the groomers to get his summer 'do.  He looks like a little lamb/sissy pants.  I promised a picture...So here goes.  Despite the silly hair cut, he still has a great smile, no?



4. Matthew and I have heard from the older & wiser married couples in our lives that we would eventually begin to think alike, finish each other's sentences & pretty much read each other's minds.  Well, if you guys know us, you know that Matthew and I are TOTAL OPPOSITES.  We figured that the day where we became mind-readers would never come.  Well, friends.  It came.  It was hilarious and amazing.  I said "Matthew, on Saturday, let's take our scrabble and go to Starbucks for our date."  (Is that boring of us?).  But Matthew looked at me and said "Are you serious?  That's what I planned!  Seriously, I already decided that's what we should do!"  So, yes.  We have become that couple.  I'm grateful that despite our differences, we totally get each other.

5. I am grateful for all the chances I have been given to share our adoption story.  I am grateful for all the people who have come to us for advice & prayer about starting their own adoption adventure & I am grateful for being able to share & swap stories with other adoptive families. 




a punk, a pumpkin and a peanut

ThankfulThursday

2 comments:

  1. I am SO thankful that everything is working out for you..AMEN!! God is SO GOOD...always!!

    If you do another raffle that I can help advertise please please let me know...so sorry I slacked off! <3

    Anywho, Thank you for linking up to First Day of My Life's Thankful Thursday!! :) Hope you have a beautiful weekend and fun playing scrabble ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cami, you are right...God is SO GOOD! The hubby and I are thinking about doing another raffle, but the last one didn't do so well =( So, we will let you know! Anyway, I hope you have an amazing weekend as well!!

    ReplyDelete