So, as many people know there have been so many 'ups & downs' of the wedding Matthew & I have been attempting to plan. We at first began to plan what was sure to have been a beautiful day in June! But we quickly changed plans realizing what a circus it had become. Since then we have had so many plans that seemed so promising fall through that it's exhausting counting them all! I wonder to myself sometimes if God is trying to teach me a lesson in contentment? Patience? Faith? All of the above!? Well whatever it is I am supposed to be learning through all of this I have come to a few conclusions.
1) As corny as this may sound, my love for my future husband overshadows any plans for a wedding. We of course could have a wedding...but that would mean waiting another 6-12 months for our budget to catch up with my big dreams of the perfect ceremony & reception! In reality, my biggest dream is to marry the man of my dreams & anything else that entails, such as a wedding would just be pleasant perk.
2) Weddings are WAY TOO EXPENSIVE for what they are worth. I am quite unsure how people plan weddings without using a credit card or serious stress on the pocket books! The entire industry is filled with people trying to sell me the idea of a 'perfect' wedding & that there is no price tag for it! We would rather save up for a honeymoon, or (one day)adopting, rather than shelling out extra cash for the perfect linens and best DJ!
3)I absolutely hate the term "bridezilla" and though I may have become ultra sensitive when it comes to wedding planning I never want to be one of those awful brides who are mean to those who mean the most! I don't really understand why girls stress out about so much for just one day. I'd rather worry about the rest of our lives rather then if we should put baby's breath or greens in the bouquet!
Phew! So, in conclusion, tomorrow is the big day for Matthew & I. No, not the day we get married but the day we finally decide on some plans. I don't want to have wishy-washy plans anymore. So Matthew has happily volunteered himself to spend the day with me to finally make something happen! This means that what is decided tomorrow will be what happens! I am already exhausted just thinking about tomorrow but so excited at the same time! At the end of the day, as long as I become Mrs. O'Brien I don't care how it happens. I just want to spend forever loving Matthew as my handsome husband!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment