Monday, August 11, 2014

John's First REAL Haircut (Another Kidville Review!)





Last summer we shaved John's head.  
But then the curls started to grow like little adorable weeds & the 'fro was getting out of control


I, of course, loved it.  For the record, I loved him when he was bald, too!  Anywho....Daddy said it was time to tame the beast.  I basically weasled my way out of it for a few weeks with great excuses but eventually my handsome husband figured out what I was doing & insisted we go.  Last time we did a haircut we took him to Fantastic Sam's.  They literally took a razor to his head and shaved on the afro in one fell swoop.  I cried.  This time, we didn't want it all shaved off, and we wanted to go somewhere that knew what they were doing and knew how to work with kids who HATE having their hair messed with!  So, of course, we called Kidville.  I have written about them on my blog before.  You can find my first review of them HERE.

Since our last review of Kidville, John has become a new kid!  He started the class semester scared and unsure.  By   the end of his 8 weeks in Ms Jessica's class he was facing his fears of the semi-circle climb, the zipline & really developing independence and courage.  As a mama, this was amazing to watch happen before my eyes!  He also got to know the staff there pretty well.  He LOVES it when Ms Kaitlyn is at the front desk.  Basically because he can always depend on her asking for a high-five and no matter what else is going on a quick conversation where John babbles a lot and she laughs and nods her head! And you should see this boy with Ms Jessica around.  Ya'll.  My kid has a HUGE crush on her.  

Again, I digress....we made an appointment for a haircut at Kidville because we knew he wasn't going to enjoy this and if anybody can ease the pain it would be his stylist and buddy Ms Becca.  We got there a bit early & Ms Becca was on her lunch break.  But it was basically the cutest thing because she pulled up a seat for John & the two of them had lunch together.  Then he picked out which seat he'd sit in for his haircut (he chose the plane, of course) and picked out a DVD to watch (You guys, they have little TVS for the kids getting their haircuts!!!) and the haircutting began.  Then the crying began.  First whimpers and then full on tears.  I tried my best to entertain, soothe & distract my child.  He was not having it!  And we cannot thank Ms Becca enough for her patience and understanding.  She did a great job working with John.  But, the crying ensued & Ms Jessica came running and for the entire 30 minute haircut, she consoled, hugged, played, jumped, sang, ran, and loved on John.  Seriously, it was a DREAM.  And, voila, the haircut torture was over & John had the CUTEST little 'fro in the world!  I cannot believe that Ms Becca managed to do such an amazing job despite John's attempts to get her to stop!
 



Once we paid, Ms Kaitlyn  & Ms Jessica gave John high fives & "good job, John!" praise!  Which, he obviously ATE UP!  But then, Ms Kaitlyn grabs a balloon sits down on the ground with John and her, John & Ms Jessica sat there for ten minutes PLAYING.  Maybe I'm crazy, or maybe it would take a mother to understand this.  But to have somewhere to go, where my child is SAFE & loved is such a blessing.  Especially for us, family is so far away & we are still establishing roots out here in Las Vegas, to go somwhere that John is known, somewhere familiar for him, I cannot be happier that we found Kidville.





For John 's birthday, Grandma Sherri & Grandpa Brian gave him a Kidville giftcard!  I am freaking out!  We've decided that we won't be able to enroll John in a class this semester.  We are pretty bummed about that.  I was really excited to get John in an art class which seems to be a favorite activity for him!  But, we can still get John play space passes (YOU MUST check out their amazing indoor play space), we can do some shopping in the boutique for on trend clothes for John, I'm excited to get him a few educational toys & we may just save the rest of that gift card for his next haircut! 

Thank you Kidville for more great memories and for John's perfect little haircut!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my so darn cute. What great length the team go to get that beautiful cut.

    ReplyDelete