Monday, March 24, 2014

Dear John: You Rocked It! (A Kidville Review)



Dear John,

A few weekends ago I stumbled onto a place called Kidville.  As I walked in and saw the boutique to my right and the salon to my left I noticed your eyes were wide with wonder!  The place just screamed "We love kids!" And apparently you got the memo!  For as much as they packed in...it was not overwhelming in the slightest.  There was so much to look at but somehow easy to take it all in.  As we walked up to the counter you were greeted by a smiling face and a "Hey Buddy!  Welcome to Kidville!"  You replied back by pointing at the big giraffe and saying "dee do."

I got to talk to the smiling face for awhile & a few other employees... They were sweet, kind, patient and fun.  They knew their business from front to back and were excited to share all they could offer to us....although I never once felt pressured to join the club.  While we were doing this, they would every so often talk to you, high five you and generally make sure you knew that you were loved.  We got a tour of the place (they hid all the super awesomeness upstairs!) and there were a ton of "oh, wows!" from both me and you!

After going home and talking to Daddy and dragging him back with us so he knew what I was raving about, Daddy was sold on Kidville, too.  We signed you up for a half semester class, both excited and fearful of how you'd like it.  You have never been very good in big groups of children.  You are easily overwhelmed and intimidated and social anxiety kicks in to high gear.  But, yesterday was your first class and YOU ROCKED IT!

You also received play passes for being a part of the class.  This means when the weather is a million degrees out you will have a safe & air conditioned place to run & jump & play all day!  I am so excited to know that when the weather gets hot we won't be at a loss of what to do with you in this new town!

 But anyway, back to your first class...The class was run by Miss Jessica.  Every toddler loved her!...and parent, too!  She had you wrapped around her finger before the hello song even ended!  The class was structured just enough for your age group and held so many opportunities for you to explore, learn and thrive.  Seriously, tiny dude, you really came out of your shell!  You interacted with the other kids, tried things you would normally be afraid of and actually participated in group activities including "clean up time!" (which made this mama heart so proud!)  Kidville is by far worth every penny Daddy and I paid.  They are well trained, clean, friendly, affordable & offer wide varities of classes for you, bud.  I think next semester you're gonna join a painting class ;)  Oh yah...and how would you like to have a Kidville birthday party!?  They rock at throwing parties and I love the idea of doing nothing but showing up to celebrate you!!

So, John John, I am so proud of you.  I am in awe of the way your class pulled you out of your comfort zone & how many times you giggled that day.  You have the BEST laugh ever and I would pay a million dollars to hear it over & over again like that!

With love,
 Mommy

*John did the Big Muscle Builders 1 class in Kidville Las Vegas.  There are Kidvilles nationwide, by the way!  We did not receive any type of compensation or gifting for this review.  In fact, they have no idea this is even being written.  =)  Now, please prepare yourself to be violated with way too many photos of John's first class.


Before class started.  Feeling pretty unsure of it all.
Conquering the obstacle course


Braving the incline to shoot some hoops

John & Miss Jessica going in for a slam dunk

Not gonna lie: This thing was FUN.  And John thought so, too!

John & Miss Jessica bonding over some swing time.

It's like they opened up a toddler's brain and knew bubbles were the way to their hearts!


Thanks, Kidville!  John and I cannot wait to go to class #2!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment