Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hello & Get Ready!

Besides reaching our one year anniversary & celebrating by taking a week off of work to cruise down to the Mexican Riviera (an adventure with my best friend that I will never forget!)...

Arriving in Cabo San Lucas

Swimming with the dolphins in Puerto Vallarta


...there are a few more things in store for Matthew and I and we are so excited!  In 10 days we will be taking our FIRST OFFICIAL STEP towards adopting!  We will be attending the Adoption Seminar & then we pursue STEP TWO!  Cannot wait for that!

And, then....drum roll please....We will be having a guest blogger!  I am so excited for you all to read what my new friend, Debbie, has to share about her & her husband's adoption adventure.  Their story is much different then ours.  They were led to adopt a sweet baby from the Congo of Africa.


It will be an incredible read & I hope you all stop by to see what she has to say as well as support her & her husband that week by donating $1 to their adoption!  They have been selected by an incredible organization to be featured as the "Family of the Week" and they are only asking for $1.  Sacrifice that Snickers bar you want to buy while you are in line at the grocery store, take that change, & turn it into a  little miracle for Debbie & her husband!

But wait!  There's more!  This one is one that I drool over (almost literally!).  A new Etsy shop is opening up by a professional pastry chef in Hawaii & she has offered to bake & donate two dozen cookies towards our adoption process.  I seriously contemplated keeping them & selfishly eating all of the sweet deliciousness, but reluctantly agreed to what they were meant for: YOU!  We are going to raffle off these sweet treats & the winner will win all two dozen!  Trust me...these aren't just your everyday Chips Ahoy.  These cookies are AH-MAZING!  We will of course be posting links to her shop as well as links to the raffle tickets but let me give you just a glimpse at what this woman is capable of!



YUM!
YUM!

YUM!


Yah, I know.  Amazing how somebody can make food into art.  Even more impressive is if you win it & get to eat all that art!


So anyway, the point is...you are going to want to stay tuned!  There are some awesome things in store & I can't wait to share it all!

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog via My Crazy Adoption. Looking forward to hearing more as your story goes one!

    ReplyDelete