Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Big News!


Ya'll. John and I have had a super fun week.  It's been a blast to see how The Lord has blessed us and given us ways to share in His glory.  And to be honest, our fun news were not things we had on our radar.

So, shall I get to sharing???

I'll start with John's news!  As some of you may know, I've really started to enjoy Instagram and love finding amazing shops, buying from these small businesses and I extra special love shopping from mom-prenuers.  It's a privelege to support these women and their shops.  There has been one shop in particular I've been following for awhile.  The shop is Weestructed and the beautiful mama behind it is Sarah.  Her stuff is all kinds of awesome.  Well, she reached out to me and asked if John John would want to be her very first official brand rep!  For those of you who don't know what that means, essentially John is her very own tiny model for her Weestructed clothing line.  Of course, John had his demands.  Such as payment by yogurt bites, but other than that, I couldn't wait to say YES to this exciting opportunity!  It is a blessing for us to represent a clothing line we believe in and we hope we do it well!  Also, to kick off John's new career as little brand rep, Sarah is offering one of my readers a $25 store credit!  I will be hosting this giveaway on my Instagram starting later on this week so make sure you are following for your chance to win!!!! 

Bummys.  Warrior Band  & Bullying is Junk-Giveback tee from WeeStructed!

As for my news!  Well, this Saturday is my very first adoption conference!  It's called Choose Joy and is for all those women (and men) dealing with infertility and adoption!



 It's quite amazing and some 150 people will be in attendance for this one day conference in So Cal!  There are going to be breakout sessions, worship, prayer and dinner.  (Yep.  I'm already excited about eating.  I have issues)  Anyway, the woman behind this conference is Emmy.  Her family recently said goodbye to a very important family member but she was unable to attend services because of Choose Joy.  Well for whatever reason I felt this huge compelling need to write my testimony out the other night.  I like to call this huge compelling need the Holy Spirit.  And after seeing Emmy's sacrifice, I had another huge and compelling need to share it with her.  I wanted Emmy to see exactly why she was putting on this conference and how this was going to be so wonderful for women like me.  I hoped it would encourage her and show her what a blessing she was.  I received an email in response pretty quickly after I hit "send" and it was Emmy asking me to share my story with the rest of the attendees at the conference on Saturday!  I then likened the Holy Spirit to a herd of elephants stomping all over my stomach and knew that meant I had to accept this opportunity.  And so I did.  On Saturday, after Emmy welcomes us all in...I will be the first speaker.  Sharing information I have never shared before, letting 150 people in on my past, my journey, my struggles, and my how I overcame it all thanks only to The Lord.  So, if you think about it.  Please pray.  I hate being the center of attention like this, which is odd, considering I'm an extrovert, but to God be the glory in all of this!

Oh, and I almost forgot!  Matt had a big week, too!  He got a new video game!  Haha!  I love how I rock the boat and Matthew stabilizes it.  His strong, stable and calm presence is such a blessing to our home.  With one wild dog, a crazy-hyper toddler, and me filled with rollercoasters of emotions and an incessant need to be busy, he is so necessary.  I love you, Matthew.  The brake to my gas pedal.  The calm to my storm.  

 So, here's to exciting adventures for the O'Brien family!!!

2 comments:

  1. how exciting! ashley i am so excited for this opportunity for you!!!! god is going to use you! your scars are NOT in vain - he will use you to encourage and comfort others! wish i could ble there to cheer you on! love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! Can't wait to hear how your speaking goes! And congrats to your little model!

    ReplyDelete