Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Hello!


It's been so quiet around here...I'm pretty sure tumbleweeds have tumbled past my computer since it's been so long since I've visited.  So much has happened & I've enjoyed not pressuring myself into writing about any of it.  But, alas, I couldn't stay away any longer.

The baby has been very busy lately!  He walks, runs, jumps, rolls, crawls & every now & then even does some yoga.


 He is still an easy going & joy filled baby.  We thank God everyday for his incredibly cheesy smile,



his healthy development & especially his dance skills.  Seriously, we spent the weekend out of town for a family wedding and he danced the entire night away.  Like, he had a circle formed around him while he cut a rug.  He danced with the bride, momma, strangers & himself.  As long as his booty was shakin' he was a happy camper! 



 As for Matthew & I, and my constant quest for the best marriage possible...we've been doing pretty well.  We've been getting out on dates more often, hanging out and talking more often & truly & sincerely trying to be the best version of ourselves that we can be for one another.  I see it in Matthew all of the time.  His sacrifices, his ability to get out of his comfort zone for me & his love for John John.  He's my favorite...especially because he puts up with my craziness.  So he scores like 8 million points just for dealing with me after four cups of coffee & late at night when I'm tired & cranky & even when I'm overwhelmed with life.  He's cool.



In other news...If you haven't seen it on Instagram...we're moving!  Matthew has been transferred to Las Vegas, Nevada & we leave for our new home December 27th!  Two days after Christmas! (The date on the photo below is wrong!)  I caannot believe this is happening. 



We contemplated going out there years ago when there was no sweet little John in our lives & it never worked out.  But the Lord willed it & His timing is perfect, so we have an apartment waiting for us & in a few days time we'll start packing up & preparing to move.  I couldn't be more excited & more sad.  My family is my everything.  We live so close to almost all of our relatives that I cannot imagine what life will be like when we aren't just a quick car ride away.  But I'm also pretty excited to decorate our new place & to finally have an actual room for John John.  If anybody happens to see my husband...or hey, just wanna hunt him down and harrass him, I'd REALLY like an ETSY giftcard for Christmas.  Oh prettttyyy please!!!!

I hope ya'll are enjoying the Christmas season & getting into the spirit of it.  Right now, John John & I are doing an Advent reading plan with our Jesus Story Book Bible.  I've never done something like this before so I am excited to do it with John!





1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! That is really exciting! I hope the move goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete