Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Idiot's Guide To YOLO


Just the other day, I said, for the first time ever, the word YOLO.  And first off, let me just say, I am so uncool.  Gasp!  I know, I know, shocking.  But I am.  In fact I am so uncool that I am hot.  See what I did there?  But anyway, I digress.  I thought YOLO was a word made up by Kanye West.  Turns out it was made up by a lovely fellow named Drake.  Thank you, Drake, for changing my life.  For those of you who are as hot as I am, YOLO is a hip way of saying "You Only Live Once." or as I was so educated earlier today it's the idiot's way of saying Carpe Diem.

With that in mind I'd like to share with you now a few ways and rules I have developed in using YOLO.  And why do I use it?  Because it's hilarious and every time the word comes flying out of my mouth, Matthew proceeds to give me "the look"

...which I find both haunting and hilarious:



The Rules

1.You cannot just say YOLO whenever you want.  It must apply to the situation.

2. It must be said with a straight face.  Using such a dumb word requires you to say it like you mean it.  Plus, it's just funnier that way.

3. Always disagree with people when they say YOLO is dead.

4. Use it around your grandma.  She will love your clever and charming whipper snapper ways.


How/When To Use It

1. Playing Jenga!  Pick the hardest block to remove.  Remove it.  Place it on top.  When the following player says "Why'd you do that!?" Reply YOLO!

2. When your husband gives you "the look"



...when you open up a carton of ice cream and turn on Vampire Diaries, just look at him and say in a serious tone YOLO and then continue on with eating & watching.


3.  When you put your seat belt on.  Look at the person opposite you & say very calmly as you snap that thing in: YOLO.

4. When you're about to cut you're long hair short & your mom warns you that you'll regret it.  YOLO, Mom.  YOLO.

5. Swimming right after you eat instead of waiting thirty minutes?  YOLO.

You get it now, right?  You're welcome, friends on your short education to the Idiot's Guide To YOLO.  You're welcome.

Source: Pinterest


2 comments:

  1. Bahaha! You are hysterical. I do the same thing, though. The other day I was drinking a glass of wine and eating a cookie.. while in a bubble bath.. and my husband gave me this perplexed look, to which I responded YOLO. He sighed and walked away, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, that is amazing & definitely the proper usage of the word YOLO!!! =)

      Delete