I feel a big part of having faith that Jesus is Lord is not just loving but sharing. Sharing the gospel. Sharing His word.
I mean, before Jesus was crucified he didn't tell the apostles to maybe take a minute and tell somebody in the marketplace about Him or tell a friend over a dinner date. Did they have dinner dates back then? But no, He told them to get up and go out into the world and share the Gospel. It wasn't a suggestion it was His command.
Lately, as I've been staying home with John John I have allowed myself...dared myself, even, to dream. Most of my dreams included me and handsome hubs hopping on a huge boat with endless amounts of food setting sail for the Bahamas. Or Caribbean. Anywhere tropical and beautiful really. But the more I dreamed my visions slowly changed from tropical to desolate. From the high life on a cruise ship into a plane landing in Africa. From people serving me drinks into me serving people. At first I was all "Hey God! What the heck!?" and then I let my new dream settle in and now I think "Hey God! How do I get to this new place in my dreams!?!?"
This new place is Africa. I've never been there and I don't know what it's like except for pictures bloggers share. All I know is my heart is already in Africa & my body needs to meet it there. I spoke with my hubs and told him this a few weeks ago. He told me to go there. He told me to pray and God would fly me across the world to get there.
An opportunity has risen. And usually missionaries take months and months to raise money for travels but I have three months to raise $4,000. If this is the Lord's plan, the money will show up and I will be boarding a plane this summer to serve the people of Ethiopia and Uganda.
Will you pray with me? Pray the Lords will be done and if He desires me to serve His people in Africa...then somehow, someway, I will get there...and that I can obey the command that was given so long ago to get up and go out into the world and share the Good News.

I have a feeling baby #2 will be african :)
ReplyDeleteWell, it will be interesting to see how it all happens! We already have money waiting for us in a fund with an agency who does domestic adoption & my hubby only wants to do domestic adoption but I have said that I really want to do international next! I guess we'll have to wait and seeeee!!!!
DeleteThat's an awesome dream! I too had that dream about a year ago, and God allowed my husband and I to raise 8,000 to get BOTH of us on a plane and over the ocean. If you'd like to read my Sudan trip journal and see some pics from our experience, take a visit to our blog: www.moorhousesonmission.blogspot.com. I pray that your dream will come true because Africa will truly change a person! There is so much work to do there and so much to learn from the sweet people there. Can't wait to see how the Lord works.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much!...and I will definitely look into your blog!!!
DeletePraying for you!
ReplyDeleteI knew you would be! Thanks, Ash!
Delete