"Faith without works is dead"
James 2:14
Sardis: The Dead Church
Revelation 3:1-6
Boom. It hit me. I'm the dead church.
I had a talk with handsome hubby the other day about my theme for the year. Yep. This year gets a theme. We agreed the theme needed to be: RadicaL. We've had so many things on our minds lately. You know, the normal things. What is our next goal? Full time work? Savings? Buy a house? Rent a bigger apartment? Pay off the last of the debt? Where do we need to worship? How should we be praying? How do we get involved & serve? See, told you. The normal stuff.
What hit me big time was easy to pin point. It's been stirring inside of me for a few weeks....and I've been all talk. I need to serve in a radical way. My heart is (obviously) passionate for adoption & for supporting the cause of the orphan & the cause of pro-life. I've approached a few friends regarding where my heart is...but that's it. I'm all talk.
The same with the other stirring inside. Church. Matthew & I go to church on Saturday night but there is truly no fellowship involved. So I took it upon myself, on Sundays (when handsome hubby is working) to take John with me to a church plant extension of our home church, called Refuge Long Beach. I love it. I love the humility. The accountability. The fellowship.
But, basically it's time to talk the talk AND walk the walk. Be the real deal. Not the dead church. Not just for show. But serve: Radically. Worship: Radically. Pray, save, work, love: Radically.
I'll keep you posted on how my RadicaL year goes.
Thanks for your honesty! Can't wait to hear more about your radical year!
ReplyDelete