Here is a picture of me when I had my picc line just put in and my 2nd IV about to be taken out

I am really happy in this picture because I just felt so brave with all those pokes and not a single tear to show for it! I credit all of my strength to the Lord, because we all know I'm definitely not that brave!
And, for those who get a little weak in the knees, this next picture may be a little up close & too personal:

(The green circle is a Medi-Patch. It keeps me from catching infections. The white thing is the catheter going into the arm. The bruising? Is awesome! Look up other pictures online...It could have been A LOT worse)
Anyway, the doctors visits of this past week didn't have such great news. Apparently I'm not getting any better so I have been sent to a tertiary doctor: a neurotologist. Basically, a doctor who deals with crazy intense ear problems. This could possibly and probably mean months of a Picc line and antibiotics and/or surgery.
Through all of this though, we have been very well taken care of. A friend, Melinda, made us a tasty casserole to help out with the challenge of daily living this week, and another friend Angie and her husband (ths pastor that married us), blessed us with some delicous soup, breakfast foods, and GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!
In other sweet news, Matthew and I sign a lease to our very own apartment tomorrow afternoon! Offical move in date, 3/11/11. Cannot wait to have our very own home!!! We do feel so very grown up I think. On our own, taking care of each other, truly learning to depend on our God and then eachother. If nothing else, this surely is a lesson in perseverance and of course, FAITH.
No comments:
Post a Comment