Anywho, sharing the news has made it so very real. I pray every day for our newest arrival, knowing that he or she may very well already be born. Maybe even a preschooler by now. Is he or she safe? Happy? Healthy? I just have to trust that the Lord has and will protect this little one. Oh, Lord. Be with our little person! But, like I said. Sharing the news has made it real. We haven't even gone to orientation yet, but we've been able to start on a few pieces of paperwork that the county tipped us off needed to be ready for a quicker process.
Other than paperwork, there isn't too much we can do until our background checks & fingerprinting take place. So, until then, I am left with my own thoughts & let me tell you...they're weird. Handsome Matthew & I were talking the other day and I told him I feel SO unprepared for a preschooler! What do they eat? What size do they wear? What should a typical day look like? And, worst of all! I don't even have a pair of safety scissors for him or her! How will we do arts & crafts without safety scissors! He laughed at me when I asked that. I'm guessing by the look on my face he realized my concern was a real one. And then he laughed at that! With all the things I'm sure we'll have to do he was amazed that my biggest issue was the scissors!
We moved on to a different topic. He went to bed. John & I went to Target. And yes. You guessed it. I bought some dang safety scissors. And now, I am much more ready for the little person who will arrive one day. Seriously...sometimes I surprise myself at the things I think we need. Like, maybe I should be thinking about that dresser that we are required to have for the child? No. Priority #1: Safe scissors.
I also, with a giftcard, bought a tee for John. Since we don't know if John's new sibling will be older or younger I had to track down a shirt that didn't specify his brotherly status. He hasn't worn it yet, but it makes my heart happy. It's a sweet reminder that God has called us into this & whether we have another child in our home for weeks or for forever, John will rock at this brother gig. God will rock at pouring out his blessings over our family, like He always does. And the newest member of the fam will rock...just because.
So, I guess that's it. There isn't much more we can do until we are a bit deeper into the process. But, until then, you better believe that I am cleaning out closets, purging the junk drawers & watching a lot of The Office to keep myself occupied! Only 10 more days until we OFFICIALLY start & I cannot wait!

you are so cute friend!
ReplyDelete