It's been awhile since I've sat down and reflected on my sweet little family. So many other things have been going on...you know, like leaving the country to go serve in Africa...and I don't want to forget the little things. In my opinion, it's the little things that make up the big things.
So what's been going on? Well, John John is nine months now. NINE MONTHS.
Time is flying! Baby is still a happy, talkative little guy who will play with anybody, be held by anybody and talk to anybody. He loves himself a good stranger. He talks all the time. But when I ask him to say "mama" he says "dada" and if we do this back and forth, he gets louder until I say "Say Mama!" And he screams "DaaaaaaDaaaaa!!!!" It's hilarious! He loves eating big boy food but still eats his baby food. He's a crawling maniac, stands and walks holding on to things, and is dying to walk alone. Although I think we have at least a month or two before that begins to happen. He doesn't respond too much to his name, but rather responds to John-John like a champ. He laughs when he farts and loves his baby board book about trucks. Typical boy, right?
For the past month, I've been boggling my mind about his first birthday. On one hand, I feel a huge need to celebrate his first year of life with all our family and friends. He is loved by so many and so many have supported us from the day we announced we were starting the adoption process. I feel like it wouldn't be just celebrating his first birthday, but his life, his adoption, and his entry into our family. All that needs to be celebrated. On the other hand, we have a tiny apartment, all the parks out here are expensive to rent tables at, and I just don't care to pay $200+ for some benches in the park. So we're thinking we may just take John John to Sea World or something, just the three of us. Save the big birthday bash until he's older. But secretly...I wish we could throw a big party for him this year...
We finally packed away the pack n' play and upgraded (thanks to Papa and Gramma) to a beautiful new crib! And sweet boy loves it! We took the doors off his little closet and now it looks more like the baby's area/nook. I'm still tweaking a few things, but I love the way it's looking! And John John loves jumping on his new mattress. Sometimes, when we think he's sleeping, because it's so quiet, we go out to find he's jumping up and down and smiling like a little goofball. This kid is so silly!
As for me and Matthew, we are doing well. He's handsome as ever and has been trying hard to remind me that I am loved. He helps out with the baby when he gets home, and by helps, I mean they're practically attached at the hip, and is much more intentional about all the sweet love he gives us.
It's so amazing. He's gone at work for 11+ hours a day but it feels like his most important job is taking care of me and the baby. He is a good man. But I already knew that...I mean, that's why I married him!
Anyway, life is good here. We've been enjoying the warm weather and all of our adventures..
You will now be assaulted with pictures...











No comments:
Post a Comment