We went to the county adoption orientation and it was amazing to hear about these poor children and what they go through. I just wanted to get them all and take them home with us. But, Matthew and I really & truly feel called to adopt a baby, and we know this isn't just our own desires but something that God has led us to. So, we sat through 21/2 hours of information & in the very last 20 minutes the social worker says
"If you are hoping to adopt a child under four years of age, we don't need any more families for this age group. You are welcome to go through the process and be put on a wait list, but there is an overabundance of families waiting and it's going to be a loooooong time before you bring a child home."Matt & I looked at each other, our mouths dropped open & the disappointment was apparent in our eyes. We drove home, I cried & Matthew spoke to me about our Father's love and desire to give us the things that we want, but that His timing and His plans are far better than our wildest dreams. Matthew spoke to my heart with the promises of our Savior. It was just what I needed.
So, needless to say, we were now thinking "Did we hear from God wrong AGAIN!?" But, after praying and talking and praying and praying and praying and a little more talking we knew that it is right that we have started the adoption process...but the timing isn't up to us...and obviously neither is how we go about this! So, we are working on these things right now while we patiently seek the Lord:
- We are returning to the adoption ministry we began with. It stole our hearts from the very beginning.
- Money is not an obstacle for God, so we wait on Him to make this all possible.
- We will continue to save, earn & raise the funds needed & rather than look at the big (intimidating) picture, we will take it one step at a time. Our first step is $2,500. Then, we will see what Step 2 truly entails.
- We need to care for an orphan, like, NOW. So we are praying for a baby out there in the world & are excited to sponsor a child. I am thinking from the Congo of Africa with World Vision. Any other suggestions?
So, please pray for us! God has us on a wild adventure. It's exciting & every dollar we get closer to our first goal of $2,500 our hearts leap for joy! God is moving and working in all of this. He has good things in store but for now I guess we just need to be patient. It's obvious we are to start again at the original ministry but when can we apply and interview? Well that's all in God's timing. I personally hope it's soon...I cannot wait to hold our sweet baby in my arms! But if God has other plans in store we wait joyfully & with high expectations!
So there it is, folks. The truth.

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOut of curiosity, Have you thought of Fostering to Adopt? I don't know if the County brought that up as an option at the meeting you went to. I just ask because the Lord has called us to adopt also and we prayed about it and are doing fost-adopt (fostering with the hope/intention of adoption).. we were certified in February 2012 and were placed with a 4 day old (he's 7 weeks now)... I in NO way want to dissuade you from what the Lord has laid on your hearts I just wasn't sure why the county worker didn't you that option... praying for you!
ReplyDeleteHi Valerie! They actually never really mentioned that at the orientation. It was either you foster or you adopt. I know God has us at the right place but we are already talking about doing this for Baby #2. We so want to care for those babies who need homes. Thank you for the suggestion. I have learned to much just by talking to other families who have or who are in the process of adopting!!!
ReplyDelete