1.Excitement. On Friday afternoon I was blessed with the gift of a Stagecoach (country music festival) concert ticket. The generosity of my gifter and the excitement she had to do something nice for somebody else (meaning: me!) was beautiful. A lot of people give, but her love and sincerity was overwhelming and awesome! I had a wonderful weekend enjoying some great country music!
2. Awe. I was there when Carrie Underwood led 55,000 people in praise and worship to God. It was so wonderful to see somebody with so much influence use it well and glorify our God.
3. Generosity. This weekend was also the 'packing party' that I held at my house for the college group at my church. A few good friends showed up & we ate good food, had great conversation & put together bags upon bags of clothes to be donated to Project Hope School I was so excited to be able to give this small gift that I am taking to the school this week that my mind has been going a mile a minute trying to think of what our next project will be for this school!
4. Fear. While Matt was at work & I was at Stagecoach Mo ripped open a bag of trash and helped himself to some chicken...and the bone. This lovely little meal landed Mo-man at the Emergency Pet Clinic last night. After one night, two IVs, two medications, and one large medical bill later, Mo came home better than ever. But Matt and I were so afraid that Mo wasn't going to be okay & from what the doctor shared with us...they were afraid too. I felt the loss before it even happened and realized how much I love this little puppy & his sweetness.
5. Loss & Heartbreak. A friend gave me some BEAUTIFUL news...and then took it away. What a heartbreak and what loss and tragedy. But what a strong family to get through this with such grace & faith. What an amazing peace in their eyes and hearts.
I'm exhausted. I have felt so many wonderful emotions & so many emotions that are a little harder to handle. But, for every feeling felt...I couldn't be more grateful and realize how richly my life is blessed! In the end, it's a good feeling knowing that we have a choice to never be alone through it all. Knowing that we can choose Jesus is a little bit of heaven on earth.

(Our little Mo smiling after he came home from the doctor and showing off his shaved leg where they gave him his IVs)
No comments:
Post a Comment