I'm getting married today! But it's so surreal because I really do feel like it was just yesterday that I was at the high school football games down by the field in my cheer uniform yelling out orders. Last night while I lay in bed I thought to myself, trying to figure out when exactly I grew up? When did this happen? And I realize that I will spend the rest of my life growing up. To quote a good movie, it's true when I say "Childhood is what we spend the rest of our lives trying to overcome."
I want you to know what a good man my future husband is. Matthew is quiet, but funny. He is so funny! He is so kind and sweet, gentle and giving. He is so smart and such an incredibly hard worker. He will take care of me & I will take care of him. I am so excited and so ready to become Matthew's wife. Thinking about today, and walking down the aisle with you, Daddy, the first man I ever loved...the man that has taken care of me through thick and thin, for better or for worse, makes me overjoyed. The fact that it is you by my side, walking with me, to the man who will surely have big shoes to fill, but will without a doubt take care of me in every way, what an honor for me. And Mom, you are such a great example for everything a wife should be. I love how you still, after so many years, take care of Dad. And look at him with so much love in your eyes. And for being a mom, to two very trying little girls. I couldn't have picked a better Mother for me if God had let me do it myself. I love you two so very much.
I will miss my bed, and miss the dog. I will miss the fridge always being stocked with capri-suns, and coming home to plop down on the couch to watch Ellen with you Mom, and coming out of my bedroom on Sunday to see what all the football-commotion is about. Today, I am getting married and I love Matthew so much. There is no man out there more perfect for me. He is going to take care of me, just like you two have for 25 years. I love you, Mom & Dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment